So since I last updated, a lot has happened. For one, I had a database crash, which means my first two reviews of the year were lost. (In summation: Everything Is Illuminated by Jonathan Safran Foer is heartbreaking, wonderful, and extremely hard to get into; Harry Potter and the Half-Blood Prince by J. K. Rowling [as read by Jim Dale] is a fun reread.) It also sucks because one of my resolutions for the year was updating within two days of finishing a book. Obviously, that got shot down these past two weeks.
Thankfully, my wonderful friend and her mom were able to recover all of the other posts, so I’m going to get back to reviewing as soon as possible.
I’m going to do Level 4, which is 10-15 books. I will probably surpass that, especially since I had already informally decided that my Women Unbound non-fic books would be largely focused on women of color.
I tend to read as I go, so I’m not going to make a list except to say that I’m currently reading Angela Davis: An Autobiography.
Books Read for the Challenge
- Angela Davis: An Autobiography by Angela Davis
- Dust Tracks on the Road by Zora Neale Hurston
- The Complete Persepolis by Marjane Satrapi
- The Eternal Smile by Gene Luen Yang & Derek Kirk Kim
- The Skin I’m In by Sharon G. Flake
- Backtracked by Pedro de Alcantara
- My Life as a Rhombus by Varian Johnson
- The Bum Magnet by K. L. Brady
- Embroideries by Marjane Satrapi
- Kitty Kitty by Michele Jaffe
- The Rose That Grew from Concrete by Tupac Shakur
- Calamity Jack by Shannon & Dean Hale, Nathan Hale
- Nappy by Charisse Carney-Nunes
- Icon: A Hero’s Welcome by Dwayne McDuffie
- Storm by Eric Jerome Dickey
- I, Tina by Tina Turner
- Pudd’nhead Wilson by Mark Twain
- On My Two Feet: A Modern Girl’s Guide to Personal Finance by Manisha Thakor and Sharon Kedar
- Diablerie: A Novel by Walter Mosley
- Sunrise Over Fallujah by Walter Dean Myers
- Life Is Funny by E. R. Frank
- Cooked by Jeff Henderson
- Alvin Ho Books 1 & 2 by Lenore Look
- Played by Dana Davidson
- The Watsons Go to Birmingham–1963 by Christopher Paul Curtis
- Orange Mint and Honey by Carleen Brice