I am spamming. I know. But I have to get everything done before midnight.
This year, I read 74 books and participated in three challenges. According to GoodReads, I rated the following books with five stars:
- On My Own Two Feet: A Modern Girl’s Guide to Personal Finance by Manisha Thakor and Sharon Kedar
- A Wrinkle in Time by Madeleine L’Engle
- Charlie and the Chocolate Factory by Roald Dahl
- Harry Potter and the Deathly Hallows by JK Rowling
- The Rose that Grew from Concrete by Tupac Shakur
- The Complete Persepolis by Marjane Satrapi
- The Diary of a Young Girl by Anne Frank
- Summer of My German Soldier by Bette Greene
- A Crooked Kind of Perfect by Linda Urban
I more than completed Women Unbound and POC. In fact, I really should’ve bumped up to the next level on POC. Women Unbound was a lot of fun because I totally read books I had intended to read but probably would’ve put off a little longer. So that challenge gave me an excuse to get my butt in gear. As for POC, I don’t think it really changed my reading so much as made me aware of how many books about POC I actually read. I kind of low-balled it, so next time I’ll go for the higher limit.
As for the YA Challenge, considering I didn’t even read 75 books, I think it’s fair to say I didn’t complete the challenge. Shocking is that I didn’t even read 50 YA books. Huh. But that’s okay! Maybe I just am expanding my reading horizons? I don’t even know.
Anyway, next year is a new year with new challenges. Forthcoming post with my sign ups for the next year.
Happy New Year, everybody!