I have been largely MIA this summer because…summer, you know. Anyway, I require my composition students to keep weekly blogs throughout the semester, so I figure I should do the same.
Their first assignment is to introduce themselves, but this blog is pretty established, so instead I’m going to talk about some of the things I plan to do during the next sixteen weeks. In my first post of the year, I said I wanted to vary my book reviews and try to get excited about blogging again, so I have listed a few ideas that should help me do just that.
1. Recommendation Wednesday – a few months ago (March? April?) on Twitter, Sarah from Clear Eyes, Full Shelves put on her tiara and declared Recommendation Tuesday a thing. I said it was brilliant, and I wanted to do the same, but I never did. (She, of course, has posted tons of recommendations since then.) I’m doing mine on Wednesday since I often participate in Top Ten Tuesday and don’t want to over-commit my days. #bloggerproblems
2. Movies Based On Books – I watch a lot of movies based on books. I have thoughts about them. Sometimes I have seen the books; sometimes I haven’t. Either way, they fit the whole book blogger deal.
3. Teaching Thursday – I recently combined this blog with my teaching blog and want to expand beyond my Lesson Plan Friday posts. So Teaching Thursday will be a place for me to talk about teaching stuff that’s not related to lesson planning, basically.
4. Mini reviews/reading round ups – Longform reviews are too much pressure (even if it is pressure I put on myself). (Another candidate for #bloggerproblems). Not that I will never do longer reviews, but I will definitely be doing more mini reviews.
5. Pet peeves/opinion/discussion posts – I have lots of opinions about a lot of things related to books. Probably I should start talking about them here.
Oh, and it’s possible I may post about TV sometimes. Maybe. I haven’t decided yet.
So, yes. Those are my ideas. I’m posting them to help hold myself accountable. And to show my students that it’s possible to write 300 words (with links) about something you care about–or have to do for an assignment.
Word count: 370
3 thoughts on “Reboot”
Wooooohoooo! Recommendation Wednesday! *does happy dance*
I already have a post queued up! I am excited about it!
Yes if if it was not for this assignment i would not be blogging but at least you have classmates do comments because I would feel bad if they did’nt. Then I would feel like my blog was pointless.