I’m participating in the Month of Faves hosted by Estella’s Revenge et. al. Here are five of my faves from this year:
1. The Shadow Hero by Gene Luen Yang — Lots of great humor here. Plus: superhero!
2. To All the Boys I’ve Loved Before by Jenny Han — FAKE DATING. Enough said.
3. The Great Greene Heist by Varian Johnson — Super fun book about a lot of interesting personalities.
4. Pointe by Brandy Colbert — Theo is one of my favorite main characters of the year.
5. The Invention of Wings by Sue Monk Kidd — I don’t normally have an interest in novels about slavery, but I really found myself caught up in this book club pick.
6 thoughts on “5 Faves By & About People of Color”
I always love to see The Shadow Hero pop up on a list! I have a huge author crush on Gene Yang and think he can do no wrong. 🙂
Thanks for this list! I’m doing the Diversity on the Shelf challenge this year so I’m always on the look out for books that feature more diversity. 🙂
Great list! I haven’t read any of these titles yet, but you’ve sold me on Pointe.
This is the second time in today’s posts I’ve seen Pointe…I’m intrigued!
I saw Gene Luen Yang speak at Small Press Expo last year while he was still working on Shadow Hero. I can’t wait to read it!
I’m trying to diversify my reading experience and make sure my kids have diverse reading experiences too. So glad you posted this!
I love your picks. I have The Invention of Wings on my TBR list and it’s been there forever. LOL! Thanks for the link