I read seven books this month:
I’ll Meet You There by Heather Demetrios (YA)
In Real Life by Cory Doctorow, illustrated by Jen Wang (YA graphic novel)
Get Over Yourself (Princeless, Vol. 2) by Jeremy Whitley, illustrated by Emily Martin (graphic novel)
The Boy in the Black Suit by Jason Reynolds (YA)
Glory O’Brien’s History of the Future by A.S. King (YA)
Not Otherwise Specified by Hannah Moskovitz (YA)
Me Before You by Jojo Moyes (adult)
Three of the seven are for book club, and the number of book club books I read is going to increase a lot because the summer children’s lit book club I belong to meets once a week over the summer. Yeah, it’s pretty intense.
1. I started The Boy in the Black Suit after I wrote my Alcoholism in YA Lit post. If I had read it before, it would have gone on the list of books with single, alcoholic parents incapable of taking care of themselves or their children.
2. I have read 20/25 books towards my Diversity on the Shelf goal and 6/15 towards my adult fic goal so far. Goodreads also keeps telling me I’m ahead of my goal for overall books for the year.
3. I have stalled out on both the TBR Challenge and the WDM Passion Project. I’ll get back to them. One day.
4. I have also stalled out on updating my reading log, which is sad because it would’ve made writing this post a lot easier. If I ever get some downtime, I’ll add updating it to my list of things to do.
5. To end on an up note, here are the books the children’s lit book club is reading this summer:
Under a Painted Sky by Stacey Lee
Tell Me Again How a Crush Should Feel by Sara Farizan
Girls Like Us by Gail Giles
Magonia by Maria Dahvanza Headley
Not Otherwise Specified by Hanna Moskowitz
Black Dove, White Raven by Elizabeth Wein
The Paper Magician by Charles N. Holmberg
Written in the Stars by Aisha Saeed
The Young Elites by Marie Lu
Pretending to Be Erica by Michelle Painchaud
An Ember in the Ashes by Sabaa Tahir
A Sense of the Infinite by Hilary T. Smith
Tiny Pretty Things by Sona Charaipotra
Lumberjanes by Noelle Stevenson et al
Chasing Shadows by Swati Avasthi
Glory O’Brien’s History of the Future by A.S.King
Should be fun!