1. There are a lot (A LOT!) of coloring books for grown-ups out there.
2. Picking which coloring books to buy is an exercise in frustration AND fun.
3. Some of the books have so many details that it’s a little overwhelming.
4. However, I discovered that I actually do like the coloring books that have more detail.
5. I do not, however, have any interest in coloring pictures of nature, animals, or patterns. (Unicorns do not count as animals; they are jerks.)
6. Listening to audiobooks while coloring is A+++ (another idea I got from Andi!).
7. It is very, very easy to spend hours coloring. This is not necessarily a bad thing.
8. I can think a picture looks a hot mess while I’m coloring, and, in the end, it turns out fine. I think/hope I will get better at picking colors that go well together.
9. Coloring a picture with a lot of detail is a little like problem solving or putting together a puzzle.
This post contains affiliate links. If you buy any of the books using the links, I will receive a small commission from the sale.