So this has been sitting in my drafts for weeks. I have no idea why I never posted it.
I read eight books in July!
- Written in the Stars by Aisha Saeed (YA)
- The Rosie Effect by Graeme Simsion (adult)
- Gotham Academy, Vol. 1: Welcome to Gotham Academy by Becky Cloonan and Brenden Fletcher, illustrated by Karl Kerschl (YA graphic novel)
- The Friendship Riddle by Megan Frazer Blakemore (middle grade)
- Me and Earl and the Dying Girl by Jesse Andrews (YA)
- The Living by Matt de la Peña (YA)
- The Conch Bearer by Chitra Banerjee Divakaruni (middle grade)
- Where the Mountain Meets the Moon by Grace Lin (middle grade)
And I even reviewed some of them on the blog!
[wrap-up-posts date=”July 2015″ category=”Book Reviews” listtype=”ul”]
I also reviewed Where the Mountain Meets the Moon, but didn’t post it until August, so it’s not showing up in my nifty pre-populated list.
With eight books read, I am 95% to my Goodreads goal, which means I will probably have to bump it up next year. Awesome.
I also made a bunch of changes around the blog (it’s pretty!) and am making an effort to include content that goes beyond book reviews and Top Ten Tuesday posts. For example:[wrap-up-posts date=”July 2015″ notin=”Book Reviews” listtype=”ul”]
I still have some changes to make to the blog–namely updating the reviews by authors (which is why there are two lists for it in the drop down list). But that’s a Bloggiesta project, I think.