1. From Not Otherwise Specified by Hannah Moskowitz
I’m really trying not to hate people for being pretty.
2. From The Artist’s Way by Julia Cameron
Life is meant to be an artist date.
3. From The Conch Bearer by Chitra Banerjee Divakaruni
Weeping is not bad. It clears out the heart so there is room in it for growth.
4. From The Friendship Riddle by Megan Frazer Blakemore
“Modesty. Respect. Humility.” This was Ms. Broadcheck’s mantra for Lucas. They’d been working on it all year, but he didn’t seem to get it. Once he told her that he just didn’t feel comfortable lying, even if it made people feel better.
5. From As If!: The Oral History of Clueless… by Jen Chaney
Donald Faison: That was my go-to when I wanted to be with a girl. I’d say, “Come over and let’s watch Clueless.” Absolutely. Clueless was the ultimate wingman. They love the movie. They didn’t give a shit about me being in the movie, they just loved the movie, period. I didn’t start getting girlfriends until Clueless came out. It worked well for me. It’s true. It’s because I kept it real. That’s exactly right. Because I was keepin’ it real.
6. From Finding Audrey by Sophie Kinsella
The thing about Mum is, she doesn’t know what she’s talking about. I don’t mean that in a bad way. It’s just, no adults do. They’re totally ignorant, but they’re in control. It’s nuts.
7. From Written in the Stars by Aisha Saeed
A life of loneliness is an awful punishment for one bad decision.
8. From Royal Wedding by Meg Cabot
I’m very open to all faiths, except yoga, as you know.
9. From Saint Anything by Sarah Dessen
I’m just so tired of this. Of him being everything.
10. From The Westing Game by Ellen Raskin