This week’s Top Ten Tuesday topic is rewind aka pick an old topic and do or revisit it. Well, I’m rewinding all the way back to July 12th’s topic and sharing some random facts about myself.
1. As I get older, I have less and less tolerance for mean humor. That’s one of the reasons I had to quit watching Blackish, in fact. It just felt so mean to me.
2. The TV characters I relate to most are Dorothy Zbornak from Golden Girls and Peyton Sawyer from One Tree Hill. The book character I relate to most is Ursula Riggs from Big Mouth & Ugly Girl. Hello, let me show you my issues.
3. I live in a transitional college town and people always always leave. In the past 2-3 weeks, I’ve had four (four!!!) friends announce they are leaving before the end of September. It sucks.
4. Whenever I have students plagiarize, it sends me into a rage blackout/depression spiral. I hate hate HATE plagiarism. So much so, that my daughter told her friends I would be less upset with her if she came home pregnant than if she cheated on a test/plagiarized some work. This is probably true.
5. If I ever wrote a memoir…well, I would write two. The first one would be titled Today I Hung Out with Some Awesome Ladies and be all about the awesome friends/friendship groups I have. The second would be How to Fix What’s Not Broken Until It Breaks: A Guide for How to Overcomplicate Your Life.
6. Whenever I think about moving to a city, I remember how much I hate traffic and commuting and immediately change my mind. When I lived in the DC area (or the DMV to the natives), it took me over an hour to get to work. My longest commute since moving has been 20 minutes.
7. I hate eggs and mayonnaise so much that watching some cooking shows/competitions is difficult for me. I will frequently yell at the TV, “Why would you ruin a perfectly good X by putting eggs/mayo on it???” I have recently started watching The Great British Bake Off, and I know I love it because I watched the entire episode that featured quiche without wanting to spork my eyes out.
8. I go to water aerobics 2-3x/week. If I go in the mornings, I am definitely the youngest person in the class. If I go in the evenings, I am still one of the youngest people in the class. I am not sure how much longer this will last.
9. I take a nap pretty much every day. Naps are the actual best. It’s weird, though. Sometimes if I take a short nap or no nap, I stay up way longer than I would if I just took a short little nap. (My optimal nap time is 30 minutes, btw. This 30 minutes can sometimes turn into an hour and thirty minutes like it did today, however.)
The thing I am going to miss most about summer break is my post-lunch nap. This is a true fact.
10. My plan for this summer was to do a little course prep each day so that I wouldn’t spend the last two weeks of my vacation holed up in my house doing course prep. Well, school starts in two weeks and guess what I’ll be doing for the duration? Yep. Maybe next summer will be better–especially since I have no plans to move then. Here’s hoping.
10 thoughts on “Ten Random Facts about Me”
Now I know I followed you. Why would WordPress show me that I don’t!?🙈 Followed again, sorry bout that!
Haha yay Golden Girls! So with you on the plagiarism thing!! Horrible horrible thing to do! Also very jealous of people who know how to nap, when I try it my body thinks Yess 8hrs and I get super cranky at having to wake up😁 Good luck with the course prepping!
Haha, thanks! And yeah, WP can get weird with the following stuff. I hate when that happens.
Sometimes I admire people who don’t nap because I would like to just power through my day. But I am also fine with naps, so you know. It’s a tricky tightrope I walk.
I’m living #10 with you right now! FINALLY got started today and made some progress. I know what you mean about that commute. I actually live 60 miles from work, so it’s still quite a drive, but it’s 60 miles driving 60+ miles per hour with no traffic, and that makes so much difference. I envy you those naps! I’ve never been a nap person–just can’t do it, but wow, some days it really does sound wonderful.
I did have most of the prep for one class finished, but I have four preps this coming semester so I am super behind. I am trying not to beat myself up about it too badly, though. But it’s hard. Ugh. Good luck to us! We can do it!
When I was in college, my commute was the opposite way from all of the traffic, and it was BLISS. So yes, the lack of stopping and starting and traffic really does make the difference.
Oh my gosh, your second memoir title! That is hilarious and I can relate so so so much 😀
Long commutes are horrible! I live just outside Toronto right now and have a 45-60 minute driving commute that was previously a 90 minute transit commute. You sound like you have a good thing going where you are! And I can’t stand mayo either. And people always put sooo much when they put it on anything. The Great British Bake-Off is probably the best cooking show for avoiding mayo
Great Top Ten! I love how you are passionate about cheating! Cheating is a BIG no no!
I LOVE me so Golden Girls! My sisters and I always joke about who is which character, and I am also of course the Queen Pussycat (Dorothy). 😀
My Top Ten Tuesday!
I identify with Dorothy too! I love The Golden Girls.
I need to co-write that second memoir. It probably includes overthinking and overreacting lol
Yep! Overthinking is my main super power.
LikeLiked by 1 person