So, this is my first time participating in the challenge, and the recommendation is that we introduce ourselves. Here are some facts about me:
- I teach English at a community college
- I have a daughter who will soon be 18
- I bought my first house this past summer
- I love to read and firmly believe there is ALWAYS time to read
- My appointment TV shows (i.e., the ones I would make sure I was home in time to watch if I didn’t have a TiVo) are The Good Place and Mom
- One of my favorite authors is Meg Cabot
- I am allergic to mangoes
- In the past two years, I have developed an intolerance to chocolate and onions
- I should be grading
5 thoughts on “Allow me to introduce myself… #sol17”
The last sentence…priceless. I love the challenge for exactly this reason: it makes time for our writing. And we make time for what’s important.
I love the last line of your post so much! There are always things we should be doing, but man, that grading pile never goes away, does it? And what interesting allergies and intolerances! I wonder if those will become writing topics for you later.
Welcome to the challenge, Akilah. Bullet #3 makes me happy for you. Bullet #4 makes me nod in enthusiastic agreement. Bullets #7 & 8 make me a little sad for you. Bullet #9 makes me laugh ruefully.