Today is the first day I have no idea what to write. So, what I did today, in list form:
1. I woke up from a horrific dream. I blame it on not journaling (in my paper journal) the night before.
2. I called my friend to get some advice.
3. My mom surprised me this morning. My dad asked to use my car last night/this morning to get to work (he works from 5-9; it’s easiest to just do a swap the night before and then immediately after he gets off work), but my mom is the one who picked me up for the car swap.
4. I went to a support group meeting.
5. I came home and ate some cereal so I wouldn’t pass out during yoga.
6. I went to yoga.
7. My daughter and I were supposed to go to the bank so she could switch from her kiddie account to a college student account. She was not here at the scheduled time, so I went and got some lunch at Panera with plans to grade after. (Panera is one of my grading spots.)
8. Did not grade. Went home to take a nap instead.
9. As I was falling asleep I heard someone walking around in the house. However, I had not heard the door open. Went into the living room, daughter was there. Turns out she had been home in time for us to go to the bank–but was sleep. It was too late to go to the bank, so I went to lie back down.
10. I could not get to sleep. I got up and went to the coffee shop to grade.
11. I actually finished grading an entire set of papers at the coffee shop. Yay. I may have taken one swallow too many of the dirty chai. Boo.
12. I got home and performed some emotional triage with my daughter. This may be why I am so drained.
13. I put in a load of laundry and made pancakes for dinner.
14. I watched 1 1/4 episodes of The Great British Baking Show.
15. I fretted over what to write for this post.
5 thoughts on “When in doubt, list it out”
‘Fretted’ is such a great word. Glad you got something written.
Coffee shops are soooo gooood for my grading mojo, but my favorite Starbucks (also the only coffee shop around here) took out the comfy seats. Guess they were tired of people working there. Like me. Ugh.
But what even is the point of Starbucks if people can’t do work there? That is awful. I am sad for you.
Your slice title represents top-notch advice. Listing is a fine way to see one’s options, isn’t it?
You got me at pancakes for dinner. 🙂