1. I’m sitting here with an itchy scalp and the inside of my elbow just started to itch. And guess who is out of her meds to treat this condition?
For the record, it’s hives. And I have to take a blend of Zyrtec and Zantac for it. Yay. (I am out of the Zantac.)
2. I had a surprise observation from the coordiantor of the Honors program today for the honors course I teach. While I was slightly flustered by him initially–just because it was unexpected–I am glad he came on a day when I actually did some direct instruction instead of on a day that was reserved for work.
3. I am incredibly proud of how my daughter is handling a complicated situation. It just shows me how much she has grown in the past year.
4. All of my students were required to write and review five books this semester. In my comp 2 classes, I gave them a list of books to choose from. However, for their last book, I told them they could read whatever they want. One of my students loves reading WattPad stories, but I told her she had to pick a published book. I also told her that there are some WattPad authors who have published books outside of the website. Today, she came in super excited because she found an author with a book. The best part? The author is local and writes about places around town, including the university.
I have mentioned Serial Reader to her since she loves the way WattPad content is delivered (chapter by chapter). But I may have to show her the site.
5. I have had Miley Cyrus’s “The Climb” stuck in my head all day. Here, have a listen.