1. April was all about the Blogging from A to Z Challenge around these here parts wherein I posted every day in April (except Sundays but on the last Sunday) about something that corresponds to a letter of the alphabet. My theme was gratitude, and you can find all of my posts here. I’ll be doing a full reflection post, as requested by the challenge admins, on May 8.
2. April was also all about the end of the semester, which means I AM DONE. This is the first time I have *ever* not taught during the summer, ever. EVER. Even in grad school, I taught every summer. That’s twelve years with no actual summer break. However, that all changes this year. SUMMER VACATION.
You can also watch the ENTIRE VID if you want to truly experience the full scope of my joy about summer vacation. Because, yes, it is that serious.
3. I finished three books this month:
- The Inexplicable Logic of My Life by Benjamin Alire Sáenz (YA)
- Princess Academy by Shannon Hale (middle grade, audiobook)
- Book of a Thousand Days by Shannon Hale (YA, audiobook)
Full cast audio is really the best ever. A+, highly recommend for your audiobook needs. Also, Shannon Hale really is aces.
4. As for TV, I am behind on all of my shows, including Jeopardy!, and I think I am going to cancel my season pass for Speechless. I like it! I’m just always five episodes behind on it. Like, consistently.
No real TV highlights for April (see above, re: behind on everything) except that I have been watching my daughter watch Grey’s Anatomy, and that is a lot of fun.
5. Next month on the blog should be a lot quieter. I haven’t decided yet if I’ll participate in Armchair Book Expo, but I do know I’ll be doing a ton of reading. I have already finished two books this month, for example (one is a picture book to be fair). And I am pretty excited about starting An Extraordinary Union by Alyssa Cole.
That cover! 😍
2 thoughts on “In before the end of the week: April 2017 Wrap Up”
That cover is so gorgeous! I just had to show it to my colleague, too.
You could consider doing the 48 Hour Book Challenge next month. It’s so fun, and a great way to catch up on the TBR pile.