I think that four-hour nap threw me off my game yesterday because I totally didn’t realize it was Monday so missed my Monday wrap-up. So here it is on a Tuesday.
1. I’m still blogging my way through NaBloPoMo. Posts from the past week with a heavy emphasis on poetry for some reason:
- Monday check-in, now with more bike riding
- On trains and books and grandmothers
- Plagiarism nonsense ruining my night
- I have no idea what to post about tonight
- One of the wildest things I’ve seen on TV
- More poetry!
- #SomethingonSunday: “We are advertis’d by our loving friends.”
- 5 Random Things
2. Praise the TV gods: The Good Place has been renewed for season three.
3. I didn’t finish any books this past week, so I’m still making my way through these two:
Pictured: And Then There Were None by Agatha Christie and Warcross by Marie Lu
4. I wore jeans to work today (for this first time all semester!), which may have made me a touch too relaxed with my students. We talked about gangsta rap (which I just call “rap,” I told them), I
told suggested one student to stop studying something he wasn’t interested in, and I am pretty sure there was something about food in there. Oh, right. The one student said the granola bar he ate for breakfast didn’t count as food because he ate it in two bites. “That’s not even a snack,” he said. “That’s a taste.”
5. I am supposed to be packing for my trip up to the Bay Area for Thanksgiving, but instead I have officially started powering down. I guess it’s a good thing I’m not having office hours tomorrow.
6. Related to that last point, I have been grading so slowly these past few days. I should be speeding through these grammar reviews, and instead I have graded one set per day. Do you know the semester is almost over? And there are other things to grade? This does not bode well is what I’m saying.
7. The Jeopardy! tournament of champions just ended, and I am pleased by the winner. In fact, I actually liked all of the contestants this go ’round, and I don’t think that has ever happened before.
8. I finally put up my tree. It is pre-lit, so the decorating is already halfway done. Perhaps I shall add the ornaments before the weekend is out?
9. The coolest thing about my apartment is that I have a fireplace, which means I can actually hang stockings over it. First time ever! Too bad I won’t be here for Christmas. 🙃 But still!
10. There is no number ten.