1. I didn’t “win” NaBloPoMo because I missed a day, but 29 out of 30 ain’t bad. Memo to self: write posts the day before and schedule them to go live the next day. That’s how I was successful at the Slice of Life challenge this past March.
2. I forgot to link up to all my posts from last week on my Monday post, so here they are now:
- It’s Tuesday! I’m reading some things.
- My Secrets for Waking Up Early
- The Book I’m Most Thankful For (2017)
- 2017 Christmas Wish List
- Back to the grind
- #SomethingonSunday: Grateful for Gratitude
- It’s Monday and I’m going to a screening of Psych the Movie!
- Broken streak, broken dreams
3. There will be a part two to the Christmas wish list, but only because it’s getting cold and I realized I need gloves and some other such like.
4. Beat Bobby Flay is on. When did he stop going around to restaurants and trying to beat people at their own cooking styles? (Oh, wait. That was Throwdown with Bobby Flay.) Also, I was super excited to watch this episode because it’s about Sloppy Joes, but they’re doing them Asian-style, which is fine but not the way I want to see them made. (I had Sloppy Joes for dinner earlier this week. Yes, mine are from the packet.)
OMG and Bobby Flay is putting an egg on the top of his sandwich 😱! Worst episode ever.
5. I read four books this month!
- The Hate U Give by Angie Thomas (YA)
- I Believe in a Thing Called Love by Maurene Goo (YA)
- Warcross by Marie Lu (YA)
- And Then There Were None (adult, audiobook)
THUG and ATTWN were the standouts here. Highly recommend both.
6. I made some good progress on grading today. Maybe I can make it to that cookie exchange on Saturday after all. Fingers crossed! 🤞🏾
7. Today is the day I did emotional triage with not one but three failing students (not all mine, either). School is hard. Balancing school and other responsibilities can be really hard.
8. Oh! That reminds me of this delightful tweet I saw today:
I need to start practicing giving the speech is what I’m saying.
9. As soon as I come home and sit on my couch, it’s a wrap. My plan was to finish grading the last three annotated bibliographies in my class set, but, well, see previous sentence.
10. Bobby Flay has had a lot of work done to his face.
11. Up next is A Month of Faves, and then I probably need to take a break from blogging events for a while.
3 thoughts on “The end of #NaBloPoMo”
29/30 is an achievement. Yaaay! Treat yourself with everything in the wishlist. 🙂
Haha, I wish!
LikeLiked by 1 person