In my last post, I said I didn’t know why I was in a meh mood, but that wasn’t entirely true. It was mostly because my daughter called me earlier that day and said she wasn’t coming to visit during spring break, and I was disappointed. And it definitely wasn’t Daylight Saving Time. I love DST! THIS IS MY TIME.
Anyway, I’m obviously in a better mood today.
I finally went back to the gym after missing for travel and being sick, and I just want to say how much I enjoy the Tuesday night water aerobics class. First of all, it has music. Second of all, the instructor matches the music to the exercise. Third of all, all of the music is fun, so it’s just a magical time all around.
I’m going to try to recreate the playlist by song and exercise, but I may miss a few and/or go out of order. I just want a record of how delightful it all is.
- Squats = “Bootylicious” by Destiny’s Child (Can we also just take a moment to appreciate that bootylicious is in the dictionary?)
- Bicycle around the pool = “Low Rider” by War
- Scissors = “Legs” by ZZ Top
- Flutter kicks = “Can’t Touch This” by MC Hammer
- Crunches = “Whoomp! (There It Is)” by Tag Team
- Cupid shuffle = “Cupid Shuffle” by Cupid
- Jumping jacks = “Jump Around” by House of Pain
- Grapevine = “One” from A Chorus Line (This is the best because we do our showgirl smiles and have a big finish with kicks and top hats. So fun!)
- Water weights = “Sexyback” by Justin Timberlake
- More water weights = the Rocky theme song
- Cool down/stretch = “Unwritten” by Natasha Bedingfield
I know I’m missing a couple (for the life of me, I can’t remember what song we warmed up to), but these are the highlights. Also, I never noticed before but the actual end of her playlist is Porky Pig saying “That’s all, folks.” Adorable.
5 thoughts on “Water aerobics got me out here jammin’ #SOL18”
How wonderful to move on from meh. I really like the term “meh” – I had never heard of it before. I have days like this and now I know what word to use. I have never tried water aerobics. It sounds like a good combination of exercise and fun.
That playlist looks like lots of fun. No wonder you enjoy this class. And to think I usually spend my Tues nights at home watching NCIS… like the slug that I am.
That is a very fun playlist. I definitely choose workouts based on music. Some playlists just inspire movement! My current practice is a home yoga practice and it’s SILENT which I also love. My kid talks A LOT and I look forward to those 25-30 minutes a day where there’s no noise.