I, along with two other bloggers, will be hosting a summer-long reading challenge this year: #SummerSoLit Book Bingo Challenge!
Mocha Girls Read @ Mochagirlsread
Akilah @ The Englishist
Devin @ BooksandBass
The reading challenge is a general challenge starting on the day after the first day of summer and ending on the first day of fall aka June 6/22/18 to 9/22/18.
Use the hashtag #SummerSoLit and/or #MochaGirlsRead when posting on Twitter or Instagram about the challenge.
Just like the other Book Bingo Reading Challenges, the #SummerSoLit challenge takes the form of a bingo board. The baseline goal is to read a book for two single lines vertically, horizontally, or diagonally on the board. On the last day of the reading challenge come back to your host page to enter your completed books.
The Book Squares:
- MC stands for Main Character. PoC stands for Person of Color (any color).
- Audiobooks, graphic novels, and e-books are all ok.
- The free space is free to all to use.
Check back here and with the other hosts for a few great suggestions to fill your boxes.
There is no official sign up, just give us a shout out and let others know so they can join too. Share the bingo board and your tentative TBR (to be read). Feel free to leave a comment below as well.
- Book can be a novel/novella/novelette or comic book/graphic novel or audiobooks.
- Book must be read during June 22nd through September 22nd to qualify.
- If you have any questions about whether something qualifies, feel free to message us.
- Winners will be announced on September 24th.
I hope you’ll join in!
8 thoughts on “#SummerSoLit Book Bingo Challenge Summer 2018”
This sounds super fun! Pardons for the public correction – the midway points between winter and summer solstices, when the sun is at its highest or lowest point for the year, are the autumn and spring equinoxes, when light and dark are equal.
Cool, I’ll fix it. Thanks! And I hope you participate!
LikeLiked by 1 person