My birthday is tomorrow, so now seemed like as good a time as any to post my wish list 😂😬.
1. My grown up birthday wish is for our long national nightmare to be over with this current administration. If only we could do a hard reset to November 2016 and abolish the electoral college at the same time. That would be great.
The hotel I stayed at this weekend had one. Not only was it great for plucking chin hairs (your girl is keeping it real today), it we perfect–perfect–for plucking my eyebrows. The precision! So anyway, now I want one.
I left mine behind in Florida, which is fine because that one was really for sitting in the surf. Since the water here is cold as the dickens, I don’t need that kind of chair anyway. But the carrying strap is mandatory.
4. Beach umbrella
Even though the water’s cold, the sun is still hot. I like to sleep on the beach while minimizing possibilities of sunburn.
5. Beach umbrella anchor
My friend the Girl Scout troop leader taught me the proper way to get a beach umbrella to stay–a water to the hole, then sand–but (a) that still never worked for me an (b) have I mentioned the water here is cold? Anyway, the anchor always works, and I want one.
For sitting on the beach and keeping in the car. Because the first time I went to the beach here I sat on the san in my dress an it was no bueno.
You know, I’m starting to think that maybe I just want to go to the beach…
7. Polly on DVD.
8. A gluten-free cupcake that doesn’t taste gluten-free and a bottle of root beer.
I didn’t finish any books this week, but I sure did write some posts.
- Not the end, but the beginning
- Day 19: A song that soothes you #BlackMusicMonth #30DayMusicChallenge
- Day 20: A favorite cover song #BlackMusicMonth #30DayMusicChallenge
- #SummerSoLit Book Bingo Challenge Summer 2018
- Days 21 & 22 #BlackMusicMonth #30DayMusicChallenge
- California Acceleration Project Community of Practice, Day 1
- Day 23: A song people might be surprised you like #BlackMusicMonth #30DayMusicChallenge
- Day 24: A song everybody loves that you decidedly don’t love #BlackMusicMonth #30DayMusicChallenge
- Day 25: A song that reminds you of yourself #BlackMusicMonth #30DayMusicChallenge
Also, I am making my way through The Poet X by Elizabeth Acevedo.
I like it so far. And you know I’m in love with that cover.
Tomorrow, I will actually post my things to do before I turn 40 list. Surprising no one, the list has been complete for weeks, but I have just been overthinking it, which is why I haven’t posted it yet.