This is going to be a rushed post because school starts Monday (aka TOMORROW since I’m writing this after midnight), and I am already behind on everything. Also, my D key keeps sticking, so it’s making writing a hassle. Sigh.
Here’s what I still need to do to be ready for Monday:
- Figure out if I’m going to have my 1C students blog or not
- Finish my syllabus for 1C
- Add the first week documents and assignments to Canvas for my MW 1A and 1C class
- Revise my first day slides (at least one is out of order)
- Update the index card questions for my 1C class
- Prep the index cards with stickers (to put students into groups)
Continue reading “Speedy quick update”
This was a terrible weekend for me re: food. I almost had a meltdown twice–once on Saturday in the grocery story and then again on Sunday when I was just doing stuff around my house. I think what happened is that I finally realized that my elimination diet was not a temporary thing as I thought it would be and is pretty much it for me from now on. As I have mentioned before, there was only one FODMAP group I tried that had zero negative effect on me, so the rest are pretty much out unless I want to risk having a flare-up. And these are basically all the foods I ate before.
Continue reading “It’s Still Not Over”
It’s getting to the point where if I don’t post, I never will, so. A post!
1. Today is the one-year anniversary of my move to California. No regrets so far.
2. Okay, so here is a weird thing that has happened to me. My alarm is set to go off every weekday at 7 a.m. and is set to play “Order My Steps” by the GMWA Women of Worship.
However, around 5:30 or so each morning, I kept thinking I heard my alarm go off. I would check my phone, nothing. So I decided it was just the fan making a whistling sound and/or my circadian rhythm taunting me with my normal (i.e., during the school year) wake up time.
Continue reading “A post!”