#AMonthofFaves On the Screen – What did you watch this year that you absolutely loved and did you see any movies inspired by books you’ve read – what did you think?
This was the year of MoviePass (*pours one out*) and then my daughter had a job at the movie theater this summer so I actually saw a bunch of movies!
Movies I Loved
- Black Panther
- The Incredibles 2
- Won’t You Be My Neighbor?
Other Movies I Saw that I Liked Quite a Bit
- Life of the Party
- Ocean’s 8
- Ant-Man and the Wasp
- Christopher Robin
- Creed II (even though it was stressful, it was a good movie)
- Fantastic Beasts and Where to Find Them — Okay, so this could technically go in the next section because of Harry Potter, but there is an actual Fantastic Beasts book that I haven’t read. Anyway, I just watched this tonight (in anticipation of watching the sequel), and I liked it. Queenie is the real MVP. That is all.
Movies Inspired by Books I’ve Read (and What I Thought)
- A Wrinkle in Time – I would have been pretty confused by this if I hadn’t just reread the book, I think.
- Juliet, Naked – I loved this book, and I found the movie an absolute delight.
- Crazy Rich Asians – Better than the book just like I knew it would be. Also an absolute delight.
- To All the Boys I’ve Loved Before – Do the kids still say bae? If they do, that’s what this movie is. I’m so excited it got a sequel!
Also as a P.S., I’m still not over Avengers: Infinity War.
4 thoughts on “#AMonthofFaves on the Screen”
To All the Boys was such a delight. Looking forward to the sequel. Widows! I need to see this soon. I’ve heard all the good things.
If you loved “Won’t You Be My Neighbor?” you might like “I’m Proud of You” a book written about the author’s unlikely friendship with Fred Rogers. And yes, Crazy Rich Asians is one of the few movies I’ve ever liked better than the book. Gasp.
Hahaha, there are lots of movies I like as much as or more than the book.
I’ll check out the book. Thanks for the rec!