#AMonthofFaves On the Screen – What did you watch this year that you absolutely loved and did you see any movies inspired by books you’ve read – what did you think?
This was the year of MoviePass (*pours one out*) and then my daughter had a job at the movie theater this summer so I actually saw a bunch of movies!
Movies I Loved
- Black Panther
- The Incredibles 2
- Won’t You Be My Neighbor?
Other Movies I Saw that I Liked Quite a Bit
- Life of the Party
- Ocean’s 8
- Ant-Man and the Wasp
- Christopher Robin
- Creed II (even though it was stressful, it was a good movie)
- Fantastic Beasts and Where to Find Them — Okay, so this could technically go in the next section because of Harry Potter, but there is an actual Fantastic Beasts book that I haven’t read. Anyway, I just watched this tonight (in anticipation of watching the sequel), and I liked it. Queenie is the real MVP. That is all.
Movies Inspired by Books I’ve Read (and What I Thought)
- A Wrinkle in Time – I would have been pretty confused by this if I hadn’t just reread the book, I think.
- Juliet, Naked – I loved this book, and I found the movie an absolute delight.
- Crazy Rich Asians – Better than the book just like I knew it would be. Also an absolute delight.
- To All the Boys I’ve Loved Before – Do the kids still say bae? If they do, that’s what this movie is. I’m so excited it got a sequel!
Also as a P.S., I’m still not over Avengers: Infinity War.