Well, that title is a mouthful, huh?
I was texting with a friend of mine today and asked her what her favorite color is. I felt like, I said, I didn’t know what hers was, but I felt it was something I should know. That led to a long back and forth about favorite colors and how we both had multiple faves, but also had quite a few conditions on our feelings on colors. Some examples:
- She has a favorite genre of colors (jewel tones)
- There’s only one shade of red she likes but the rest make her mad
- Green is fine–depending on how it’s used
Then I had to chime in with my colors and how there are colors I like in general, colors I like in my home, and colors I wear even if I don’t like them. More specifically:
- There’s a light shade of purple I love, but it looks horrible on me so doesn’t love me back
- I look awesome in red, which I don’t love but wear anyway because it clearly loves me
- I also look great in orange (see red above)
- Teal is great all around
- I love black and white prints that are more white than black
- I also love gray and gray/white prints but don’t wear them so you’ll find those plus the aforementioned shade of purple in my home (also teal and black/white prints!)
So what did we learn? There are colors we like to look at and wish we could wear, colors we wear but don’t particularly care for, and colors in our homes because we either can’t wear them or we can wear them and just really like them.
This would be a good time to share a picture of something in my home, so here’s a gray and white ottoman I have along with a teal TV stand. The Rokumote cover is turquoise and the tray is gray with different shades of blue (so, you know, same energy).
I also have these black and white (more white than black!) slipcovers on my bar stools.