Welp, it happened. V officially stumped me. My goal was to write about something I had not yet spotlighted for the A to Z Challenge, and all I have for V is The Vampire Diaries (which I wrote about last year) and Valentine Princess by Meg Cabot, which is part of the Princess Diaries series…which I also wrote about last year. My third option was The Vanishing Half by Brit Bennett, which is amazing and everyone should read, but I would in no way call it a comfort read even though I read it in two days during the pandemic. (Seriously, read it. It’s so good.)
So where does that leave me? With my next favorite thing–a list. So here’s a list of a VARIETY of the books, TV shows, and movies I almost blogged about but that didn’t quite make the cut this time. Any of the following would make great comfort reads or watches!
- Always Be My Maybe (movie, Netflix)
- The Bernie Mac Show (TV show, Hulu)
- Book of a Thousand Days by Shannon Hale (book)
- Colors of Madeleine trilogy by Jaclyn Moriarty (books)
- A Different World (TV show, Amazon Prime)
- Fresh Prince of Bel-Air (TV show, HBOMax)
- Girls Just Want to Have Fun (movie, Hulu)
- Justice League (TV show, HBOMax)
- Knives Out (movie, Amazon Prime)
- The Last Dragon (movie)
- Never Have I Ever (TV show, Netflix)
- One Crazy Summer by Rita Garcia-Williams (book)
- Psych (OBVIOUSLY–I don’t care if it’s a retread; it’s the retread of my heart) (TV show, Amazon Prime or Peacock) (I just realized I could have kind of cheated and talked about one or both of the movies. NEXT TIME.)
- Polly (movie starring Phylicia Rashad and Keshia Knight-Pulliam, YouTube)(but hopefully someday soon on Disney+)
- The Parent Trap (movie, Disney+) (the original, but if you want to watch the Lohan version, that’s fine too, I guess)
- The Queen’s Thief series by Megan Whalen Turner (books)
- Rocky IV (movie, HBOMax)
- Sammy Keyes series by Wendelin Van Draanen (books)
- Static Shock (TV show, HBOMax)
- She-Ra and the Princesses of Power (TV show, Netflix)
- Sister, Sister (TV show, Netflix or Hulu)
- 20 Feet from Stardom (documentary, Netflix)
- Wonder Woman animated movie (HBOMax)
- WandaVision (TV show, Disney+)
- Work It (movie, Netflix)
- Zarah the Windseeker by Nnedi Okorafor (book)
So you can see why it was hard to choose.
For this year’s A to Z Challenge, I have decided that I’m going to focus on comfort reads/watches as we enter our second (!) April in the pandemic. Tune in tomorrow to see what I choose for W!
2 thoughts on “V is for Variety #AtoZChallenge #PandemicAlphabet”
It’s Very understandable how the letter ‘v’ could stump you. I didn’t realize you were doing the A-to-Z challenge this year. Having done it once I admire anyone who can make it through and live to want to do it again. Thanks for stopping by to comment. I loved seeing you there.
Thanks, Ally! I forgot how much work it could be. Please remind me next time before I sign up. Save me from myself!
V IS A KILLER. My X will be a cheat (retread) but I don’t care because it’s an HONEST one. As in honestly the only thing I could think of but also honestly something I have watched during the pandemic! Haha.
LikeLiked by 1 person