I cannot believe I have not updated my blog since February. FEBRUARY. I thought for sure the last time had been in April. Clearly, I was very, very wrong. Also: this has been the longest year ever. I know because when prepping to write this post I came across a book I read in April of this year, and I could have sworn I read it last year. That’s all I’m saying.
A brief overview of things that happened since February:
- I went to a taping of Ellen’s show (guest host)
- I went to Mexico
- I went to the LA Times Festival of Books
- I went to Florida
- I met one of my cousins for the first time
- My daughter graduated from college
- My daughter’s friend gave us COVID (mild cases; everyone was fine)
- I went to Universal Studios Orlando
- My chronic eye fatigue came back with a vengeance and brought its friend cybersickness along to play
The latter, as I’m sure you can imagine, contributed to me not updating my blog since I’ve been limiting my screen time.
I hope to talk more abut those later (especially Universal Studios, COVID, and chronic eye fatigue), but for this post, I want to highlight the five-star books I’ve read so far this year.
Onto the books!Continue reading “It’s Monday! What are you reading?: Halfway Point Reading Wrap-Up”