1. Okay, so I know I mentioned that I hit a parked car this summer, but did I tell you that I ALSO hit a pillar in the parking garage of my complex? Well, I did. Which means that I have dents on both sides of my car now. Because of that, I came to the conclusion that I must not like my car very much (I mean, I am not this careless in general) so got it into my head that I would sell my car and buy a new one.
1. It is so good, y’all. So so good. I can’t wait for everyone to see it on Thursday. It’s super funny and just a delight (of course). Also, Maggie Lawson is a badass and I freaking love Juliet. (I feel a Juliet appreciation post coming on.) In conclusion, the movie did not disappoint at all.
The premiere event was fun. I got a trivia question right (“Who gave the Blueberry its name?”) so won some swag. And it was just so awesome to sit in a room full of fans who were all excited about seeing those two goofballs on screen.
2. While I was waiting in line, I finished a book:
I really liked this. As the mother of a child who has anxiety, a lot of the stuff Aza said sounded very familiar. I will also say that I got a real sense of Aza’s OCD and just how trapped by her thoughts she was. That was very well done. I also appreciated that this was a lot less precious than some of John Green’s more recent novels and that the love interest was actually a pretty down to earth kid.
Psych the Movie premieres this Thursday, and LORD WILLING, I will be in the room where it happens at the Los Angeles premiere tomorrow night. This show makes me so happy, and I am so excited for this whole week because of it, so here are five of my favorite* moments from the show.
*Please note that I have many favorite moments, so this list is not in any way exhaustive. Nor am I saying these are the best. Just some moments that I love. Also, the ones that I could find clips of on YouTube.
1. Shawn and Gus running out of the sorority house in “Scary Sherry”
The actual best part isn’t in the clip. It turns out the driver’s side window was down the whole time because Gus sticks his hand through it to unlock the door. 😂
1. Did y’all see Diana Ross on the American Music Awards? Living queen emoji. Absolutely, yes. And Kelly Clarkson’s reaction to her was adorable, and her grandchildren were A+++. The youngest knowing the words to “I’m Coming Out” made my heart sing.
Also, whoever does her wigs is a freaking genius.
2. I normally wake up at 5 a.m. for work. Today, I accidentally woke up at 6:15. And I had to be to work at 7.
I made it on time, but it was not pretty. And I didn’t have time to pack my lunch. And I left my Fitbit at home (which is the real tragedy here).
3. I may have bought too much fresh fruit considering I’m going out of town on Wednesday.
4. Instead of expressing my shock that I took a four-hour nap, I’m going to just move into acceptance that that’s what my evenings look like now.
5. My favorite thing about counting down to the end of the semester is that I’m not just counting down to the end of the semester, but I am also counting down to Psych: The Movie.
December 7 is going to be epic. (Okay, probably December 8 because I will most likely be asleep.) (Either way, I’m excited. For multiple reasons.)
I love this show so much. I love Shawn and Gus both with my whole heart SO MUCH and you can’t make me choose which one of them I love more because NO. Also, they are a package deal anyway.
This is one of the only shows that I have rewatched on purpose. (I mean, if a rerun of a show comes on in syndication, I’ll watch it, but rewatching shows is not something I normally do.) But with Psych, I will usually seek out specific episodes, especially if I’m in a crummy mood and need a pick me up. My usual go to for that is American Duos.
It’s not in the clip, but the actual best part of the audition is afterwards when Juliet says, “I can’t be seen with you. And not just because we’re undercover.” Her look of disgust is perfection, and I laugh every single time. Every. Single. Time.
Also, I have named my cell phone Gus “TT” Showbiz. The extra T is for extra talent, don’t you know?
I was going to buy a Yaris just so I could have my very own Blueberry. (I would have settled for ANY car in that color, to be honest. But I may or may not have sought the Yaris out specifically for that reason.)
This clip never fails to make me laugh. Context not needed.
They are amazing, and I love them. Also, please note the badass that is Juliet, consistently proving her badassery. And I haven’t even talked about Lassiter! Or Shawn’s dad! Or even the Chief!
So, basically, I love everything about this show, but especially this, one of the greatest exchanges in television history:
All of your arguments are invalid, forever. Gus just shut them ALL down.
For the A to Z challenge, I’m blogging about fannish pursuits (aka things I’m a fan of or have strong feelings about). Tune in tomorrow to see what I picked for Q!