Ugh, I hate starting blog posts by pointing out how long it’s been since my last post, but, well, it’s been over a month since my last post, so there is a lot to cover, which means that every time I think about updating my blog, I get overwhelmed by the fact that there’s so much to cover, so I just…don’t. This has been a terrible plan because it just gets me farther and farther behind. So, let’s get to it.
Since my last post, the following happened:
1. I turned 40 and celebrated my birthday by having dinner with a friend of mine, my daughter, and some of her friends. I also went to see Toy Story 4 and enjoyed a cupcake.
2. I shipped my daughter off to China for a Buddhist boot camp that she has described as a “hell realm.”
3. I attended the Rocaberti Writers Retreat for screenwriters in The Dordogne, France for a week. It was held at Marouatte Castle, which is an honest to god medieval castle in France.
Continue reading “10 Random Things: Summer Edition”
I am not participating in NaNoWriMo, but I did decide today to blog every day for the month of November. What better way to start than to catch up on all the blog posts I didn’t make during the last two weeks of October?
(Also, I only have 20 minutes to crank this out, so let’s see how it goes.)
1. My daughter came to visit me for her fall break and the whole thing was an adventure. She missed her flight, we rode public transportation, she got sick, and then some other stuff happened that I don’t remember because I didn’t blog about it. The short version is adventure! The long version is lost somewhere in my brain.
2. I finished two books (er, abandoned one actually):
Continue reading “Right, so: October 2017 Wrap Up”