So I’m starting to think posting my January wrap-up last week (on a Thursday!) was a mistake because I haven’t finished any books so have nothing, really, to talk about. No worries, though: I won’t let that stop me from attempting to post.
I’m writing this post because if I don’t I’m going to be mad at myself tomorrow. I am two weeks behind!
1. So I was diagnosed with IBS a few years ago. I lost some weight, started exercising, and things were going better. But I have been having terrible flare-ups lately, and even though I have been eating less than normal (in part because of the flare-ups) and I am back to exercising regularly (I never really stopped since I was walking over 10,000 steps most days), I have gained weight and not lost it. And did I mention the terrible flare-ups? Anyway, so I talked to a doctor (not my regular doctor), and she told me to do the low-FODMAP diet, which I knew about and had read up on, but since I don’t do drastic diet shifts unless directed to by a doctor because of my history, I stored the information away. And now I have to use it.
So, yes, I went on my church retreat and it was quite relaxing and delightful. I took several naps and even got to play Catan, which I now want to play again. Don’t worry. I have pretty much already set up a game night to make that happen.
Ah, the beauty of retreat.
Speaking of the beauty of retreat, here is a picture of my view from the dock on Saturday morning.
So, after making my to-do grid, I realized I had a lot of work to do this weekend and so spent most of it grading and/or doing prep for this week and finals. I have made so much progress, though, so it was totally worth it. And after next Friday? SCHOOL’S OUT FOR THE SUMMER. As long as I get my grades in by then.
I have reached the stage of my life where my body literally rebels against me trying to work on Saturday. I had plans to finish grading Saturday, but instead I took not one, but two naps. Two! I was just exhausted.
It’s cool, though. I finished grading this afternoon and will write up an assignment sheet before I go to sleep tonight–unless I fall asleep first. We’ll see how it goes.
This week on the blog, I started the A to Z Challenge, so it has been pretty busy around here. I posted some things, basically:
- But if you try sometimes, you get what you need: February/March in review
- B is for Birkenstocks #AtoZChallenge
- C is for Co-Workers
- D is for Doctors #AtoZChallenge
- E is for Electronic Bill Pay
- #MustReadin2017 Spring Check-in
- F is for Follow-Through
- G is for Gratitude #AtoZChallenge
I forgot the hashtag for some of my posts, but all of the lettered posts are part of the A to Z Challenge. My theme, btw, is gratitude.